Updated: April 19, 2017
Since 1975, ECS has provided an exemplary, Christ-centered education and equipped students to impact the world for Christ. In 2009, ECS was recognized as one of the Best Christian Workplaces by the BCW Institute based on survey results from our staff as well as more than 11,000 employees at 113 organizations across the U.S.
Currently, 75 employees, including 50 faculty, serve an enrollment of 680+ students at our campuses (East, North, and Cullen). ECS is fully accredited by the State of Indiana, AdvancED, and the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). All teachers must hold valid Indiana and ACSI licenses and only teach in their licensed area(s).
Over the last few years, our enrollment has continued to grow and we have launched a high school. In 17/18, we will add 10th grade and open a new, freestanding campus (Epworth). Further, as recently announced, we are going to open a preschool (3 years old and potty-trained) and PK (4 years old) at Crossroads Christian Church for the 17/18 school year. Thus, we have a number of openings for the 17/18 school year.
To apply for a position, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and application. In addition, teachers must attach a copy of their license (or transcript if license is in process) and submit three references (sealed). Applicants need to be qualified to integrate Biblical principles with subject areas, as this is vital to ECS’ mission and philosophy of education. Applicants may be contacted for an interview, based on available positions, once a completed application has been submitted.
We welcome applications at any time and will consider them as positions become available. Applications for faculty positions are kept on file for two years (one year for hourly positions).
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions for the 17/18 school year:
Faculty Positions (submit complete application, references, and background check form)
- Preschool Teachers
- PK Teachers (licensed with early childhood or K endorsement)
- High School Science (Physics or Chemistry)
- Middle School Math
Click on the above positions for a copy of the job description.
- Preschool/PK Director for our new Crossroads Campus (job description to be added) – this is salaried, full-time, year-round position.
Other Positions – OPEN NOW
- After School Care – part-time positions available at our East Campus (4400 Lincoln Avenue); Monday-Friday (school days) from 2:45-6:00 p.m. Applicants must be 18 years or older. Experience preferred or currently enrolled in an education program. Applicants should submit an Hourly Staff Application and Background Consent.
- Applications for substitute teaching positions. Substitute applicants must have a valid IN teaching license or IN substitute license (or be eligible to obtain) and must complete an ECS Faculty Application.
For the 17-18 school year, the base salary for a beginning teacher with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience is $28,500. Increases for additional education and years of experience are considered. Stipends are applicable to some positions. Staff are also eligible for benefits, including tuition discounts, 403(b) retirement plan and employer match, paid sick/personal days, and health insurance.
To download/print an application and other required forms, click here for:
- Faculty Application
- Faculty Reference Form
- Hourly Staff Application
- Background Consent (required for all Applicants)
To print a Summary of your Rights under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, click here.
To request an application, you may contact us at (812) 477-7777 or send us your mailing address via e-mail. Our office is open from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday, every day (except major holidays). Thank you for your interest in Evansville Christian School.